From the Heartland

This is my soap box, on these pages I publish my opinions on firearms and any other subject I feel like writing about.

Monday, October 22, 2007

What's a dazzling Urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this Kenn?

Subtitle; GRPC Notes #2

Look over there, eating at the table near the back corner it's a Black man and he has a gun.

No need to worry folks it's only Kenn Blanchard, Firearms Instructor, Gun Rights advocate, Motivational Speaker, Preacher and author of Black man with a Gun.

I had been corresponding with Kenn for several years before I met him in person. If memory serves it started when Kenn reached out to me regarding an idea he had for a firearms education training program.

My wife and I were fortunate to finally meet Kenn several years ago at one of the Gun Rights Policy Conferences.

On the Cutting edge with Kenn

At this years GRPC Kenn was a featured speaker, on the Exploiting New Communications Technologies Panel. Waxing eloquent on Podcasting, Kenn re-iterated the need, using modern technology, to reach out to those that avail themselves of devices like Blackberrys and i-pods. Many of todays younger generation do not read news papers or magazines only getting their information via the electronic media. Since my DNA is only about 36% geek I was understand with the concept, but had not realized its potential.

I guess it goes without saying that he has been producing his own Podcast for nearly a year now. Over the last few days my internet research has been greatly enhanced while listening to past episodes of the Urban-Shooter Podcast. In fact I'm still listening as I write this missive.

Conversations with Kenn

During conference breaks Kenn and I tried to catch up on old news and get current with new. I am sure our conversations sounded like short media sound bites to anyone eaves dropping but we understood what we were saying and covered a lot of gun rights ground.

Some of topics of discussion included Nebraska Senator Ernie Chambers and the Reverends Sharpton and Jackson. It seems that we, as are a lot of people are perplexed about their position on gun control.

Concerning the Reverends Al & Jesse, Kenn espouses the same views that I also hold with Senator Chambers. The gist of which is why we haven't been hearing these leaders condemn the actions of minority criminals or stand up for personal accountability in the minority community. Rather they never waste a media opportunity to call for more government control and the disarming of the very law abiding citizens they claim to represent.

Racist roots in Gun Control

In fact most if not all of this nations gun control laws are rooted in racism. I am not unfamiliar with the subject having written The original Gun Control laws were racially motivated and still are in 2004. There are a lot of hard working Americans in Senator Chambers district and if the statistics are accurate, they more than anyone would benefit the advantages of concealed carry laws. Unfortunately Senator Chambers opposes the citizens of Nebraska being able to protect themselves when they are away from their homes.

Kenn tells it like it is and anyone that has an interest in Gun Rights would do well to check him out. Do your self a favor and listen to some of his podcasts while your at it.