From the Heartland

This is my soap box, on these pages I publish my opinions on firearms and any other subject I feel like writing about.

Monday, February 07, 2005

Been way to busy

It has been a little over a week since I last posted.

We have had decent enough weather that I needed to get some outside work done, that included pruning and cutting back the dormant fruit bearing trees, rechecking and repairing the protections for water pipes and numorous other asundry chores that pile up when I spend to much time on the internet.

I have also, as time permits been working on several firearms. Chief among them is the restoration of a Waffenfabrik/Styer model 1909 tipup barrel 25. ACP. This is a "relic" of WWI and still shoots quite accurately by the way. It came to me in rether sad shape though. The internals and rifling are in great shape but the exterior is all patina and pitted in places.

One other project I have been working on is the complete refinishing of a Mossberg single shot target rifle. It certainly was not in as bad a shape as the styer when I got it but it too had languished in someone elses closet for years without the proper attention it is due.

Possibly when I get done with them or nearly so I will post pictures of them.

As if I don't have enough to do already, I aquired a two piece monte carlo stock with cheek piece for a 303 enfield that I have had since 1 was thirteen years old. It is in the raw, has never been on another firearm and is a real fine Walnut.

Hopefully I will have more time this week to do some writing, till then thank you all for checking in on a regular basis.


No comments: