Froggy has put up a scathing analysis on the differences between what happened in Louisiana with Hurricane Katrina and How Texans coped with Hurricane Rita.
The difference is startling and the after action observations are point on. These are things we all know to be true whether we care to admit it or not. Those that will not face up to the truth of these observations are doing so only to perpetuate a hatred for the President and the party in power in Washington D.C.
What's in you Government?????
Here are a few to tease you into clicking over to Froggy Ruminations for the rest of the story:
2. Texas: Residents take responsibility to protect and evacuate themselves.Louisiana: Residents wait for government to protect and evacuate them.
It is called being SELF reliant. It is a classic example of the NANNY STATE; The People sat around waiting for their city officials to do something. The city officials sat around waiting for the state to do something, and they all sat around with their thumbs up their collective asses waiting for the Federal government to do something.
3. Texas: Local and state officials take responsibility for protecting their citizens and property.Louisiana: Local and state officials blame federal government for not protecting their citizens and property.
It is called accepting the responsibility that the public vested in you when you took an office they elected you to.
12. Texas: FEMA brings in tons of food and water for evacuees. State officials provide accessible distribution points.Louisiana: FEMA brings in tons of food and water for evacuees. State officials prevent citizens from reaching distribution points and vice versa.
The media to their credit actually reported that Louisiana officials said; "We can't allow food and water in the shelters it will only encourage them to stay and we want them out of there."
21. Texas: Mayors continue public service announcements and updates on television with Governor's backing and support.Louisiana: Mayor cusses, governor cries, senator threatens president with violence on television, none of them have a clue what went wrong or who's responsible.
Of course they haven't a clue, they sought public office for the fame, fortune and power. God forbib that they would actually have to serve the people.
22. Louisiana: Democratic Senator says FEMA was slow in responding to 911 calls from Louisiana citizens.Texas: Republican Senator says "when you call 911, the phone doesn't ring in Washington, it rings here at the local responders".
Question: What kind of dumbass actually believes that 911 calls are answered at the Whitehouse?
Answer: Apparently at least one elected liberal lowlife official in Louisiana.
Now head on over to Froggies and read the rest of it.