From the Heartland

This is my soap box, on these pages I publish my opinions on firearms and any other subject I feel like writing about.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Life outside the internet

I have been so derelict in not posting for the last week or so, but spring/summer is really upon us and I have been enjoying some much needed time with the family.

The wife and I have been doing some fishing and competing in a few pistol matches.

Because of Doctors orders I am no longer able to play golf, but that hasn't stopped me from going to the golf course with my oldest son and helping him improve his game. At one time I fashioned myself a pretty decent player and had asperitions of trying out for the Senior Tour when I reached the age of fifty. I wasn't taking lessons, but two of the people I played with on a regular basis were and still are club pros. Just the act and pressure of playing with guys like that will bring your game to a whole new level and just for the record I was playing a minimum of three times a week and had my average down to 78.

I have also been having a lot of fun with the two Grandkids that still live in the area. Our Oldest Granddaughter just finished her first year of school (Kindergarten) last week and is rather rambunctious about the summer now. Her brother is 4 years old and has really been getting into fishing this year. Their Mom (my Daughter-in-law) is expecting our sixth grandchild in August.

Our other three Grandkids (two girls and a boy) live in another state and they suprised us with a three day visit.

I apologize for not being around much lately, but life calls and I do enjoy the family.

No comments: