From the Heartland

This is my soap box, on these pages I publish my opinions on firearms and any other subject I feel like writing about.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Mary S. Jones you are Remembered


On this the 5th anniversary of the tragedy on September 11th, 2001, Bloggers from all over the internet have come together and taken the name of one of the nearly 3,000 fellow human beings that was cruelly wreched from us that day.

We without hesitation signed up to singly remember and honor each one those 2,996 people with a tribute on our Blogs.

I am not sure I ever knew anyone personally that perished on that fateful day in September of 2001. I have never read the entire list of names of those that were so savagely murdered by Islamofacist Scum.

Mary S. Jones is mine to remember and I take heart felt solice in knowing that I am not the only one that will be keeping her in memory. I know she had friends and family that remember her as well.

Mary worked as a Mailroom clerk for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey in one of the World Trade Center Towers and her passing is one of those confirmed.

Mary Jones was 72 young at heart years of age when she passed from this world. A long life yes, but still cut needlessy short.

Some of the people that did know Mary thought enough of her to offer written praise.

Carlos A. Cabrera Jr., Former Port Authority GM wrote;

My Dear Mary, Thank you for the great mailroom memories! You're the best! You will never be forgoten. You were a very special person. The time we spent working together at the mailroom was great. I will always remember the way you made us laugh. Thank you for the fond memories.

Another who knew her Brenda Lee in part wrote;

I had not seen you in years. You were one of the first people I met when I came to the Port Authority. You are truly a memorable person. You made a lot of people very happy regardless of the type of day they were having. May you be at peace. Thank you for having blessed my life in knowing you.

Even with just these bits from two of the people that knew her one can paint the picture that Mary was a delightful person to know and be around. That Mary touched the lives of Carlos and Brenda and made them better for it is expressed in thier own words. We will never know the countless others that were made better for having known her but there must be many.

Her photograph makes it easy to see why she was highly thought of.

That mischevious smirky grin, the cocked in confidence head, the I've got a secret facial expression wrapped around all seeing and knowing eyes, are features that speak of a self assured woman who was comfortable with herself.

People like that tend to bring out the best in others, I have no doubt that Mary was like that and I truely would have liked to have known her.

Not knowing her personally I could not find much else about her on the web. I will remember her though, and I hope that these few words I offer in honor and tribute can in some small way do justice to the life that she lived.

I remember, honor and offer this tribute to Mary S. Jones.

Mary may you forever rest in peace.

No comments: