Saturdays Journal Star (Second story down)
has moved me to do so.
Man arrested on suspicion of threatening judge
A Lincoln man was arrested Thursday morning after threatening to go to a judge’s home and kill him.
Lancaster County Sheriff Terry Wagner said 37-year-old Steven Nash, 2626 N St., called the Clerk of the District Court’s office and threatened to kill a judge if a protection order Nash had filed against someone was dropped.
Nash was arrested on suspicion of intimidation by phone.
Sure they'll jump through the hoops for somebody wearing black robes. Seems they have a way and a record of looking out for thier own.
Several years ago our daughter was in the process of legally shedding 160 pounds of ugly fat. The low life scum bag that she was divorcing, did among other things;
- Meet her and her Mom (Mrs Gun) at the Grand childrens day care and threatened them and me (I was not there) in front of daycare staff
- Made credible threats against me (to others at other times)
- Went to Mrs Guns place of employment and harrassed her concerning our daughter.
- Made threatening phone calls at all hours of the day and night to our daughter, and if she did not answer the phone he left messages on the answering machine;
- If I can't have you no one will
- I'll make it so that no one else will want you
- I'll blow up your car with you in it and then I'll have custody of my kids (two girls)
The Court was petitioned on all of the above and a Lancaster County judge ruled that there was insufficeint evidence for an order of protection for any of us.
His conduct continued and our daughter was forced into seclusion of the Friendship home. We were not even allowed to know where they were and couldn't see our Grand daughters for fear that our daughter would be followed back to the Home.
When the divorce was finalized things had denegrated to the point that our daughter felt it was best her and the kids safety that she relocate to another state. Our daughter currently lives 8 eights away, has a concealed carry permit and carries a handgun for personal protection daily.
Numorous times in the last three years we have noted this lowlife scumbag driving his very distinct motorcar slowly past our house and several times we have seen him doing surveilance from the dirt road on the backside of our property.
Looking out for their own
Oaky so let's get this straight, we have an individual that in one phone call threatens to off a judge and the Sheriffs Department wasted no time in time locking the alleged offender up on suspicion of intimidation by phone.
On the other hand we have a Mom of two small children that has several of these same types of messages on her answering machine, several personal confrontations and there isn't enough evidence to make an arrest or issue an order of protection.
Could someone possibly explain this to me? (It's a rhetorical question folks)
- This fine specimen of manhood has fallen, at a rate of $580.00 a month, over three years behind in child support. ($25,00.00 +- a few cents)
- Not had gainful employment in order that his wages could be attached for delinquent support. (For awhile he was job hopping. Everytime he was located and his employer given a garnishment order he quit)
- Has amassed a criminal record (where none existed before) of charges that include but not limited to;
- Theft by deception
- Fruad (possible multiple counts)
- Forgery (possible multiple accounts)
- Buying and Selling (drugs)
- Disturbing the peace
Prior to our daughter leaving the state and for months (over 24) after officials involved with the Nebraska state agency that handles Child Support gave her the run around about enforcing the support order issued by the court.
A few months ago she was able to transfer the whole child Support thing to the state in which she now resides.
They immediately issued a warrant for his arrest and told her that they would extradite him if and when he was found.
A few weeks ago I learned that my scumbag lowlife ex-son-in-law was being held in the Lancaster County Jail. I found this out because someone I know received a letter from him with Lacaster County Jail as a return address. I have since been given that letter and in it he has expressed the desire to "locate" and "visit" his children.
On informing my daughter she contacted (last Wednesday the 16th of August) the Lancaster County District Attorneys office and was informed that they did in fact have him and that he would be incarcerated with them for an extended length of time. She made arrangements for her current state of residence to fax the warrants to Lancaster County so that he could be processed on the delinquant child support charges.
Imagine my suprise when on Wednesday (the 23rd) of this week I received a phone call from an aquaintance who informed me;
- Caller: "Gun your not going to believe this, but I am sitting a local fast food restaurant and I just saw your lowlife scumbag ex-son-in-law go through the drive up window lane as a passenger in a car"
- Me: (Deep Breath of disbelief) " WTF Your sure it is lowlife scumbag?"
- Caller: "I knew him as well as you did, of course I am sure."
- Me: "(After a string of unprintable epithets and several unkind words for the judicial system)........ Okay thanks for the heads up."
At this point I am not sure if the other state was successful in getting the paperwork to the Lancaster County D.A.'s Office before he was released or not.
So there you have it, a Judge gets one phone call and the perpetrator is buried under the jail while in the same exact county a single Mom with two kids and a vidictive felonious ex-husband with a track record of harrassment gets the run around.
During that three years however, that single Mom completed full time college, earned a diploma in her chosen field and is licensed in two states to practice her profession. A profession in which she is gaining a reputation as one of the best at what she does in the community that she now resides.
(That is not just the wishy wash of a proud Dad talking either, that is thoughts of the people she works with and to an extent the local media and civic leaders where she lives.)
We love her and are ever so proud of her and what she is becoming.