From the Heartland

This is my soap box, on these pages I publish my opinions on firearms and any other subject I feel like writing about.

Monday, November 29, 2004

Yea I know I haven't been around much

But hey with the holiday and all it just felt good to take a few days away from the keyboard. It wasn't planned, it just happened. Thanksgiving was great. Over the years we have worked out a system of preparing the big meals so it was all pretty laid back and stress free.

Two of the relatives had to work that day, but we were able to fit the meal in between the work shifts with plenty of time for everyone.

We spent most of Friday just laying back and enjoying life. Saturday and most of Sunday we had the house to ourselves. The wife and I spent Saturday evening on into Sunday morning sitting at the kitchen table playing cribbage. I have to admit that I have never been beaten so badly so many times in my life. I never even used to loose like that to my Grandfather and he is the one that taught me how to play. We played 12 games and she won 9 of them.

Well anyway enough about me for now and thank you all for checking in over the weekend. I hope your holiday was as safe and rewarding as ours was.