From the Heartland

This is my soap box, on these pages I publish my opinions on firearms and any other subject I feel like writing about.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Neal Knox June 20th, 1936 - January 17th, 2005

Rest in Peace Neal



Neal Knox, former vice president of the National Rifle Association and long-time leader of the gun rights movement, died at his home on January 17, 2005 following a year-long battle with colon cancer. He was sixty-nine. He is survived by his wife, Jay Janen Knox (Shirley) and his four children; Christopher, Shan, Jeffrey, Stacey, and seven grandchildren.

The last time I saw Neal, my wife and I had the pleasure of spending a most relaxing evening of dinner and conversation with him and his son Chris.

Neal was a wonderfull human being and a genuine American that stood up for what he so strongly believed in.

That he will be missed is without question.

Chris if you read this and Pam and I can't get in touch with you please know that our thoughts are with you and our heartfelt condolences and prayers go out to you and your family in your hour of grief.

Respectfully Yours,

Gunscribe

Note: For those that read this and either knew or respected Neal Knox, I received an e-mail from Chris that I'll excerpt here only changing my real name to that of Gun;


Friend Gun --

Thanks for your kind words and your friendship. This is a difficult
time, but it has been tempered by the support of so many good people....
I am sure I'll see you again in the times to come.

Chris

Neal had a year long battle with colon cancer, that his passing was not unexpected given the circumstances, does little to squelch the grief of the Knox family and those that knew him.

It is asked that contributions be made to the Rainbow Childrens Home





No comments: