From the Heartland

This is my soap box, on these pages I publish my opinions on firearms and any other subject I feel like writing about.

Monday, August 16, 2004

Quick Notes

Yup I'm on the right



Chances are that, if you have been reading my blog, you have concluded that I lean to the right in a real big way and that I tend to favor the Republicans over the Democrats.



Guilty ... but with explanation your Honnor!!



I don't let my right leaning ways stop me from tearing into any Republicans when I feel they deserve it. Conversely I am just as quick to note it when a Democrat steps up to the plate and hits a homerun in my ballpark.



A Democrat I could learn to like



Although I didn't vote for him, earlier this year I had the occassion to call the office of Senator Ben Nelson (D-Ne) to thank him for the way he voted on a specific issue. Immediatdly hanging up from that phone call I contacted the office of Senator Chuck Hagel (R-Ne) to express my displeasure in his not supporting a request by our Commander-in-Chief, George W. Bush (R-Tx).



I ... am not alone



As as been made plain here I am supporting Jeff Fortenberry for Congress. I am also glad to see that I am not the only one blogging it up for "Fort". The Fortenberryfan blog has only a few entries to date but they are informative and up to date. If you support "Fort" give it a looksee and bookmark it..... I have!!!! P.S. A little bird told me they have it bookmarked down at the support "Fort" headquarters too. So keep on keeping on "Fortfan".