From the Heartland

This is my soap box, on these pages I publish my opinions on firearms and any other subject I feel like writing about.

Saturday, September 04, 2004

Campaigns and firearms two of my favorite issues.

There is two things that scare me about this election

"It's time for us to have a president of the United States who can look you in the eye and when he does, you know you're being told the truth." --John Kerry (referring to self)

1) That John Kerry can say that with a straight face.

2) and that there are actually people that believe him when he say it.

This maybe be what we need, want or desire, but I wouldn't expect it anytime soon, from either party.

Thanks to David Limbaugh's blog Check out this Reuters Headline for this one.

And We shouldn't worry about registration?
So, not all gun owners are under suspicion, just the ones who own the specific model and caliber. Great. That makes me feel so much better, Lt. Rude. And the Sherriff's department's reluctance to say how they identified the specific gunowners is pretty much blown away later in the article.

This is happening in California, but did you know that Lincoln, Nebraska Police Chief Tom Casady has a list of all the handguns purchased in Lincoln and who purchased them?

From The Heartless Libertarian All gun owners are suspects





No comments: